No other thing yells out summer like a day well spent at the beach by the sea with your friends and family, bathing in the sun, sand, and waves. Now, what can be a better way to improve your beach picnic experience than a delightful array of very easy to cook yet yummy easy beach recipes? Doesn’t matter if you are planning on a family picnic, an outing with friends, or an intimate beach date, here is a list of easy beach recipes that will make your day on the beach even more delightful. Starting from fresh salads and wraps to delicious grilled platters and unavoidable desserts, all of your picnic cravings will be covered with a small range of options. Hence, put on your sunscreen, pack your bag, and dive into the fantastic list of easy beach recipes.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Easy beach recipes
Since it is summer the first step would be to start with some chilled salads. Below given are the two best options for salad.
- 8 portions of penne pasta or elbow pasta
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut from the middle
- 1 cucumber diced in small pieces
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper as per your taste
- Boil the pasta as per the instructions in the package. Drain and rinse it with ice cold water to cool it down before it sticks together.
- In a huge bowl, put in the cold boiled pasta, diced cherry tomatoes and cucumber along with sliced red onion and black olives with crumbled feta cheese and freshly chopped basil leaves.
- Spread over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar all over the salad and toss in carefully to cover every ingredient with a mild amount.
- Mix it well with salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Put a cover over the bowl and put it in the chilling box for at least 30 minutes before eating .
2. Watermelon Salad:
- 4 cups of diced watermelon
- 1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup of torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1 lime juice
- Honey as per taste
- Salt and pepper according to your taste
- In a big bowl, throw in the diced watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, chopped mint leaves, and thinly sliced red onion.
- In a little separate bowl, mix the lime juice and honey together.
- Sprinkle the lime and honey salad dressing all over the watermelon salad and toss it carefully to mix it.
- Put in some salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Let the salad rest for about 5 to 7 minutes to allow the ingredients to amalgamate.
- For best taste, serve it chilled.
After salad some grilled proteins are an absolute necessity for adults. Hence here are some Easy beach recipes for some savouries given below.
3. Grilled Shrimp Skewers:
- 1 kg of medium sized peeled shrimps
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Wooden skewers which you need to soak in sweet water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a moderately medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice with minced garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cayenne powder is optional, you can omit it out if not available.
- Put the shrimps in the same bowl and Shovel and jerk it enough to coat all the shrimps evenly with the seasoning blend. Marinate the shrimps for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Skew the marinated shrimps onto the wooden skewers that you soaked for half an hour before.
- Put the shrimp skewers in the grill for about 2 to 3 minutes each side until the moment when the shrimps are cooked through and have a nice charred texture.
- Serve it right when you get it off the grill with the previously made salads. It is one of the most joyful Easy beach recipes as it involves grilling with family or friends.
4. Veggie Wraps:
This is probably the easiest in the list of Easy beach recipes.
- 4 tortillas
- 1 cup of hummus
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 1 cup of sleek slices of cucumber
- 1 cup of pulverised carrots
- 1/2 cup of sliced bell peppers of all colours
- Salt and pepper as per your taste
- Spread all the tortilla breads on a clean and flat slab of your kitchen.
- With the back of a spoon spread out a slight layer of hummus on each tortilla bread.
- Throw in the baby spinach leaves as the next step, then add cucumber slices, over that some shredded carrots, and the assorted bell pepper slices in a line over the wraps.
- Season it with some salt and pepper as per your taste.
- At last tightly roll the tortillas up to give it the formation of a wrap, curling all the sides as you move forward.
- Cut the wraps in two halves in a diagonal manner, making sure that each half is tightly wrapped with a sufficient amount of fillings inside, if necessary secure it with a toothpick .
- Pack them in an airlocked tiffin box to make it easy to carry and also to protect from the sogginess.
5. Lemon Cookies:
As for the dessert, not many options are being given here. Since it’s summer, lemon cookies are the perfect dessert for all age groups.
- 2 cups of flour
- A cup of softened unsalted butter
- Another cup powdered sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice along with some lemon essence
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for ultimate garnishing
- Turn your oven on to 350°F (175°C) to preheat the oven and lay in parchment paper to work as a baking sheet.
- In a dough maker, switch in the whisk mode and put in the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a big bowl, whisk in the softened butter and granulated sugar together till the moment it turns airy and fluffs up, an electric mixer or dough maker will probably be more helpful in less time.
- Throw in the cracked egg along with some lemon zest, and lemon juice to the mixture of granulated sugar and butter. Beat the whole thing till you feel it’s well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing on low speed until the dough comes together. Do not overmix.
- Take a little portion of the dough that you made, to taste and then make small balls out of the dough you’ve made. Keep the Shaped dough dollops on the baking sheet that you’ve prepared, keeping each of the balls exactly 2 inches apart.
- Press each ball slightly with the end of a small bowl or your hand.
- Put it in the oven to bake the cookies, for 10 to 12 minutes, Keep on checking the colour, notice once it has turned light brown, pop it out.
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for a few moments. Then put those cookies in a different plate for it to completely cool down.
Dust some sugar powder on it to make it a notch sweeter. Then pack it in a container and have it whenever you’re craving it.
The entire idea of a beach picnic is mostly based on the easy beach recipes as it is literally impossible to enjoy a picnic if you have to rush around with cooking. Hence, this article took you through the easy for everyone beach recipe.