Baccarat, also known as Bacarra, is a banking game that is available in the casinos all over the world with simple rules, a low house edge, and low stakes. The aim of the player is to form a hand with a point value that is nearer to 9 than the hand of the banker. In the casinos, this game is played traditionally in a luxurious Baccarat pit, which is a sealed-off area that is protected by guards, and it is played on a specially designed table. Baccarat is regarded as the most exclusive casino game with a great reputation, and it attracts a lot of high rollers. Here are five interesting facts about Baccarat that you should know.
- Baccarat is the oldest casino table game, and its popularity increases in major casino hot spots like Las Vegas, Macau, and Singapore. However, the mini Baccarat, which is different from the traditional version, is more popular than the traditional version. This mini version is played on a smaller table with seven seats for the players, while the traditional one was played in 12-14 spots. Another difference is that the mini-baccarat doesn’t allow the player to even touch the cards.
- This online casino game only has three different bets, which includes: the betting on the banker’s hand to win, wagering on the player hand to win, betting that both hands will tie. The land-based table places the player circle closest to the players with the banker circle in the middle and with a tie space near the dealer. However, there are online baccarat tables that have different layouts with larger betting circles.
- The drawing rules and scoring in baccarat are confusing as you will only have to know three bets. But at some point, you would want to know how the banker and the players win hands, and this might confuse you because of the scoring and the drawing rules.
- Baccarat was originally known as a zero-sum game, and the original version was known as Baccarat Banque, which is the French word for the bank. Baccarat Banque was played throughout Europe during the 1700s before it evolved into French offshoot Chemin De Fer by the late 1800s. In order to make the game more accessible to the low stakes players, the Cuban casinos came up with an offshoot known as punto banco.
- Baccarat is the most popular casino game in Macau, and the people find it so exciting in the Asian gambling destination because the people love superstitions. This includes touching the cards and slowly peeking at them in order to create suspense and hoping for a 9. The players also blow on their cards as they believe that it will blow away low numbers. Another superstition also involves betting with a player when they win and against a player when they are losing
These were few interesting facts about Baccarat, and it is a great casino game where you will have no trouble in playing if you use a perfect strategy.