Table of Contents
Instagram Account Woes: Understanding Why Can’t I Deactivate My Instagram Account
There is no denying that Instagram is a fun app to quickly share your everyday activities or travel stories and engage with the stuff others share. However, despite its popularity, this social media platform can be addictive. People are often seen dead-scrolling through their mobile screens, directly or indirectly affecting their daily lives, productivity, and mental health. This is why many consider taking a short break from this digital platform to regain their sanity. Previously, deactivating the Instagram account would easily help quitters leave the platform until they felt like getting back.But recently, Instagram has stopped allowing people to deactivate their accounts, making people wonder why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account.
This article will walk you through the probable glitches leading to a deactivation issue and how to get out of it.
Why Do People Need to Deactivate Their Instagram Accounts?
Deactivating your Instagram account is excellent for taking little breaks or getting away from the negativity of social media. Not just Instagram accounts: there are other reasons why some people choose to deactivate the majority of their social media accounts, including:
- You miss much of life when you spend more time looking at your phone and scrolling aimlessly through digital content.
- Your priorities are completely out of whack if you worry more about how many people will like a photo than whether all of your payments have been paid for the month.
- You’re simply assisting your followers and not yourself when you worry more about your online reputation than your offline one.
- You’re not fully experiencing anything when you’re more concerned with recording it than fully engaging.
Any of these issues may not be resolved when you are unaware of why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account. You are simply deactivating your account; you are not deleting it. When you are ready to resume that account, whether tomorrow or next year, it vanishes till then. Thankfully, everything will remain there for you when you return, including your log in, bio, and archive.
The deactivation option is excellent for this reason. Your account briefly vanishes, yet it remains. Your photographs are still there, and no one can take your login. You may always claim it back! Try temporarily deactivating your account to see if you can live without Instagram and determine if that’s your best course of action. However, the recent glitch makes people wonder why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account.
What to Do Next?
If you are still irritated because you don’t know why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account and are looking for a solution, follow the next steps. You may still delete an Instagram account within the app if you’d like. But not all users can access it. Look for “Delete Account” beneath the “Branded Content” tab when you get there.
After selecting the reason why you want to deactivate your Instagram account, click Continue and confirm when ready. Your account will temporarily become private.
Instagram merely disables your account until you wish to activate it again when you want to deactivate it. Nobody can interact with or access your previously published content if you deactivate your account. Additionally, you cannot directly access your account. In the meantime, you can download your Instagram data. Simply make sure your login details are ready. Now you don’t need to panic, ‘Why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account?’.
Why is Instagram not Allowing You to Deactivate Your Account?
If you want to know what exactly the reason is why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account,check out the following possibilities:
1. Choosing the wrong device:
Trying to terminate your Instagram account through the Instagram app but cannot locate the option? The Android app does not allow you to terminate your account. Android does not have access to the deactivation for a reason unknown. You can temporarily deactivate your Instagram account in three different methods. You can deactivate your account on the desktop version of the Instagram website, using a mobile browser, or the iOS mobile app.
2. You are deactivating too soon:
Have you ever turned off your Instagram account? If so, this may be why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account. The number of times you can temporarily delete your account on Instagram is restricted. Your account can only be deactivated once per week. Instagram won’t permit you to deactivate your account again so soon if you have disabled and revived it within the previous seven days.
3. You are logging in from a suspicious device:
Instagram sends you an email reminder whenever you log in from a new device because it recognizes this as a suspicious or unfamiliar login and wants to ensure it’s you. The platform doesn’t want to take any chances, as evidenced by this behaviour. To prevent security risks, Instagram might prevent you from deactivating your account on a new device. Additionally, sometimes the platform doesn’t recognize older devices, causing you to see this message even when using an old device.
4. You have multiple apps connected to your Instagram account:
If you still looking for an answer to why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account, you may consider checking your linked apps. The problem of deactivating your Instagram account could result from other linked apps. Many people tend to connect a lot of other apps like Facebook and Twitter with their Instagram accounts. People also use Instagram as a login medium to different apps and websites which may make Instagram think that your account is compromised. To turn it off, be sure you’re logged into an active Instagram account because you can’t do it while using those platforms.
How to Troubleshoot the Issue?
You may be constantly looking for an answer to the question, why can’t I deactivate my Instagram account? Now that you’re aware of the potential reasons, you probably want to resolve these issues quickly. Here are some ways to fix problems with deactivating your Instagram account:
- Before attempting to deactivate your account, log out and back into the proper account if you are not currently logged into the correct one.
- If you have any pending posts or comments, remove them before attempting to terminate your account.
- Explain the cause of your account’s suspension. Before attempting to deactivate your account, consider the problem if Instagram’s terms of service violations lead to the account’s suspension.
- If your account was compromised, secure it before attempting to terminate it. Change your password, for instance, and turn off third-party apps and two-factor authentication.
- Verify Instagram’s servers’ status. Before attempting to terminate your account, if they are down, wait until they are operational again.
- Report a hacked account. Inform Instagram right away if you believe your account has been compromised. They will look into it and assist you in taking back control of your account.
We believe social media has its pros and cons. As Instagram can add fun to your mundane days, it can have an adverse impact on your mental health. Deactivating your Instagram account lets you do a digital detox and helps you identify the real-life joys. So, asking why can’t I deactivate my Instagram accountis important. When you deactivate your Instagram account, all of your activity is lost on the platform until you revive it. In other words, no one will be able to see your accounts, images, likes, or comments.