Walk into any football facility during a visit to campus and you are bound to see them, shrines dedicated to former players who have progressed into NFL stardom.
A key recruiting pitch at elite programs across the nation, being able to boast about how many drafts picks you to produce each cycle is vital toward convincing new prospects they will be developed into future difference-makers at the next level.
Before the start of the 2019 season, Alabama led all colleges with the most active players on NFL rosters, followed by LSU, Florida and Ohio State. In this year’s draft alone, Nick Saban produced a nation-leading 10 selections, and the 2020 class could be even better.
The Crimson Tide hopes to break Miami’s record of six first-round selections in a single draft with an incredibly talented group, headlined by Tua Tagovailoa and Jerry Jeudy.
For those wondering, Ohio State and USC are tied for the most first-round draft picks in the history of the NFL Draft at 81 each. The Buckeyes are expected to break that record next year spring when Chase Young comes off the board inside the Top 10.
CBS Sports has released its latest first-round mock earlier this week with a couple of surprises near the top, including a non-quarterback going No. 1 overall. Let us take a quick look at the draft list: CBS Sports: REVEALED New 2020 NFL mock draft
1.ANDREW THOMAS, OT, GEORGIA (NEW YORK JETS)
2. TUA TAGOVAILOA, QB, ALABAMA (CINCINNATII BENGALS)
3. JUSTIN HERBERT, QB, OREGON (MIAMI DOLPHINS)
4. CHASE YOUNG, EDGE, OHIO STATE (MIAMI DOLPHINS)
5. MARVIN WILSON, DT, FLORIDA STATE (DENVER BRONCOS)
6. Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (Washington Redskins)
7. Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (Arizona Cardinals)
8. Tristan Wirfs, OL, Iowa (Cleveland Browns)
9. Grant Delpit, S, LSU (Jacksonville Jaguars)
10. Isaiah Simmons, S, Clemson (Oakland Raiders)